Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Whales Rib

WARNING: This post is all over the place, unorganized, and does not flow nicely. I wrote this last night thinking I'd be able to make it flow better today. Nope. Unless Charles gets on here and does his grammar magic it is the way it is.

In case you're new to this blog (which means you got here by clicking the "next blog" button on the top of the blog you were reading), I am a huge fan of the Food Network.

Sunday night we went to my Aunt Debbie's favorite restaurant in Deerfield Beach. Unfortunately, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Don were not able to join us as they were already on their way home so they can be in Cleveland tomorrow.

As I said three sentences above, I am a huge Food Network fan. A day does not go by that I do not watch something on that channel. A favorite of mine is Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (aka "Triple D"). I cannot watch the show without getting hungry.

Prior to Sunday night I'd been to one place Triple D had visited. Upon passing The Whales Rib on the way to the beach earlier in the day we saw that Triple D had just been to The Whales Rib. We definitely had to make sure we went there that night.

The Whales Rib is a local dive that is known for their dolphin, oysters, and whale juice. Aunt Debbie's favorite is the fish dip. The Whales Rib is very local and very laid back. When I walked in I noticed a sign that shirt a shoes are required, but only after 5 o'clock. Then I saw a huge picture of Guy, the host of Triple D, on the wall along with the 23 smaller pictures of him with every staff member and citizen of Deerfield Beach.

We squeezed 9 people into an 8 person booth, a booth I saw on Triple D, and ordered away. Our drinks were delivered in mini pitchers (mom tried to pocket purse one) and the food was delish.

No comments: