Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Angel Hair Tomato and Basil Pasta

C requested is recipe for his birthday dinner last year.  His exact words when I asked what he'd like "My mom used to make this chicken, tomato, and pasta thing.  I'd like that."  From that description Mom E. was able to give me this recipe.  It's great dish for summer time, because it is so light, but works year round.  It's also super simple.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure "Angel Hair Tomato and Basil Pasta" is the name of the dish because the pasta is technically mentioned twice.  I probably game up with this name to find it in my recipe box.

Angel Hair Tomato and Basil Pasta



Here's what you'll need:
2 lg Tomatoes, died (about 2 cups)
1 tsp dried Basil
1 tsp minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
6 oz. Angel Hair Pasta (I use whatever we have which is never Angel Hair)
2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed.

Mix the tomato and spices (first 5 ingredients) and left sit for at least one hour.


Cook chicken and pasta. Once chicken is cooked chop into cubes.


After sitting for at least an hour the seasons and tomatoes should look like this


Combine and serve.

No comments: