Saturday, September 25, 2010

1,000 days

The Setting: Matt Alten's wedding at church. (By the way, he does not seem old enough to get married.  Even if he is only 2 years younger than me.)

The Date: September 25, 2010

While waiting for the wedding to start, C leaned over and mentioned that since we are approaching three years of marriage we must be near the 1,000 days mark.

So he downloads an app that tells us we have been married 2 years and so many days.  He takes those two years plus so many days and calculated that we were at 999 meaning that tomorrow would be 1,000.

This was pretty exciting. How cool that he mentions it one day before the 1,000 day mark? I was stoked and began planning how we'd celebrate. Spend $1,000 dollars? Nah, that's not being financially responsible.  Eat 1,000 M&M's?  Just the thought made me feel sick. Eating 1,000 communion wafers also crossed my mind, but I didn't think my dad would approve.

Then Mark pointed out leap year.

So C downloaded another app that calculated actual days.


Turns out today is the day. We celebrated by going to Mark's "home" football game in New Lexington (roughly 25 miles away) and seeing how many yard lines I could take up while laying on the football field (more on that tomorrow).

Happy 1,000 day-aversary, C! Here's to at least 1,000 more.

(We calculated 10,000 and that is in the 27 year range.  My parents reached that last year. We have a ways to go.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think its funny that Mark is the one who pointed out Leap Year.